SK Consultancy Solutions Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which your personal data will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated by us.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (the “Regulations”) the data controller is: SK Consultancy Solutions, Fourth Floor, Soane Point, 6-8 Market Place, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 2EG.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (the “Regulations”) the data processors are two companies:
- SK Consultancy Solutions, Fourth Floor, Soane Point, 6-8 Market Place, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 2EG.
- Voyager Software, 12 Cedarwood, Chineham Business Park, Crockford Ln, Chineham, Basingstoke RG24 8WD
Data Privacy Principles
The core data privacy principles below are the foundation of this policy:
Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
SK Consultancy Solutions shall process personal information fairly, and in accordance with this policy and applicable laws.
SK Consultancy Solutions will take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate and complete and will rectify or erase any incorrect personal information without delay.
SK Consultancy Solutions will ensure that personal information collected is for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and only to the extent necessary to fulfil those purposes.
SK Consultancy Solutions will only keep personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with applicable law/for tax purposes/for Government or regulatory requirements.
All personal information collected will be processed in a secure manner by SK Consultancy Solutions and stored on a secure recruitment platform provided by a third-party recruitment software company Voyager software. Both companies are data processors for purposes of SK Consultancy Solutions recruitment activities and data is held securely and encrypted. This means your personal data is confidentially protected on our provider server both at rest and in transit.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes your CV and any other information provided at the time of registration or at the time of posting material or requesting further services.
- Information that is available to SK Consultancy Solutions either publicly or through such services as job boards and social media accounts
- Where we are or propose to provide our professional services to you, such relevant information including your contact information, professional information (such as your job title and skills), right to work documentation (if applicable). If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information necessary to continue a professional relationship.
Reason for collecting information
SK Consultancy Solutions is an employment business and employment agency (as defined by the Conduct Regulations). With this purpose in mind, in pursuit of these legitimate interests, SK Consultancy Solutions and our recruitment software partner Voyager Software will process information relevant to our business and in order to be able to provide professional services to potential and current candidates and clients.
Basis for collecting information
SK Consultancy Solutions will only collect and use information as described in this policy or as expressly advised to you. Depending on the nature of the information, we will process data to comply with applicable laws and regulations relevant to SK Consultancy Solutions business. In addition to this, where the apparent processing appears to go beyond legal or governmental requirements, SK Consultancy Solutions will be processing information in accordance with our “legitimate interests” where we have determined that such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Where we store your personal data
Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers by our third-party recruitment platform provider Voyager Software.
How long will we store data?
This will depend on a number of factors, but will centralise around the nature of our relationship with you. For each category of data, we have considered the way we process data against the rights and freedoms of the individual to ensure that we are acting reasonably and proportionately.
Broadly speaking there are two scenarios that will determine the time-frames for retention of data:
- Legally/financially – For example, in accordance with standard accounting practice, we will retain finance related data, such as records of payments, invoice details, etc. for a period of 7 years unless, in the unlikely event, there are mitigating factors that allow us to keep data for longer.
- Commercially – for legitimate business reasons we will retain data for a reasonable period of time where we may need to contact you in the future.
“Reasonable Period of Time”
What that reasonable period of time is will depend on your particular situation. For example, we have taken the view that for Contractors and Candidates, we would need to retain basic contact information together with a summary of your skills and experiences (which will most likely be in the form of your CV). In our opinion, it would be reasonable to retain such information for a period of 5 years after last contact, unless there are additional factors to consider (for example, if you say you are on a project for the next “24 months” and we should contact you then).
Where you are a Contractor and we have entered into contractual agreements for your services, we will naturally hold contact information for you, and such information will be held in accordance with the principles above. However, we will also have been sent financial information, background information and right to work documentation. Due to the increased sensitivity involved with this type of information, unless there are additional factors to consider, we will only hold such information for the duration of your contract and for a period of 7 years after expiry of your contract.
Use of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations as well as contractual requirements with third parties;
- to provide you with information or services;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Where you provide us with a copy of your CV we will not make any material changes to the information.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of SK Consultancy Solutions Limited, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We may from time to time use your data to carry out reference and security checks. Where potential employers require us to assist them in the carrying out of criminal record searches or police checks you agree that we have the right to use your data for this purpose.
We will provide your data to potential employers that have notified us of vacancies for which you may be qualified but only with your express permission. It is your responsibility to notify us of any employers to whom you do not wish to submit your details.
You have the right to request us not to disclose any of your personal data or information or to pass information to third parties as well as the following:
- Review of the information we hold about you;
- Correction of this information if it is factually wrong;
- Erasure of your personal data or restrict the processing concerning of personal data concerning to you under certain circumstances;
- Provision of copies of the personal data which you have provided us via the forms, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
We will usually inform you before collecting your data, if we intend to disclose your information to any third party and you can exercise that right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org In addition, should you feel that SK Consultancy Solutions have misused your data or in breach of the GDPR, you should also feel free to contact the ICO.
Following the introduction of the GDPR, you will have additional rights including the right to be forgotten and to data rectification.
Access to information
The Act gives you various rights including the right to access information held about you. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.